No. of Recommendations: 0
. . . the Champs-Élysées.. . . . Renault automobile museum. . .

Oh my gosh 50 years ago I bought a brand new Renault from here in the states which I had to pick
up at the Renault dealer at what I believe is the same location on the Champs-Élysées where the
museum now is. Became a temporary resident alien of France just to avoid paying an exorbitant taxes
on the purchase and then resale later on as a used car. Drove out of the dealership at rush hour! The
next 15 min was the most harrowing driving experience of my life. I was cut off and forced to the curb
at the first two traffic lights, only after I got fully pissed off and over my initial intimidation did I get in
to the swing of things. Was back in Paris a couple of months ago and must say the driving doesn't seem
any different than the US now. The Paris population hasn't grown that much in 50 years but the number
of tourists defiantly has, I wouldn't visit there at the height of the tourist season anymore.

RAM
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.