No. of Recommendations: 3
1. Backpacking trip:
For medical reasons this has never been an option for me but I would have loved to do one when I was younger.

2. Solo trip.
I just can't imagine traveling without my husband and I don't feel the need to do one.

3. Luxury trip
We have splurged on luxury hotels and to me having a balcony on a cruise is a luxury so I'd say we've one this one many times.

4. Romantic trip.
DH and I have been traveling for 47 years and to me all our trips are romantic! We are usually on a trip over our wedding anniversary. The anniversary that landed on a cruise was very special. :)

5. Road trip
This is where we excel! We love road trips!!!! We have never gone a year in our 47 years of marriage without at least one road trip. And to qualify for a road trip it meant we had to travel outside of our home state of California. Since he retired 12 years ago we do at least 2 - 3 road trips a year and travel for three months a year.

6. Cruise trip.
We didn't start cruising until 2010 but we've made up for it in the last 10 years. We have well over 100 sea days under our belt now. We have done a transpacific to the South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand and a transatlantic to Northern Europe. We have another cruise already booked.

7. Off the grid trip.
If being somewhere where they don't have cell service counts then we're still doing this! We've done a lot of road trips that I think would cover this. Back in the late 1970's we went to Canyonlands National Park, Island in the Sky District and Capitol Reef National Park before the roads in the park were paved! What an adventure especially in Canyonlands. We drove to Alaska on the Alaska highway in 1992 so going though the Yukon should also qualify. We still go petroglyph hunting on 4x4 roads in our jeep in Utah all the time.

8. Last minute trip
We use to do this all the time on weekends when DH worked. We still will do local last minute trips but it's getting harder and harder to do a last minute RV trip because now you need reservations to go almost anywhere.

9. A trip that scares you.
We have done some ports on our cruises that have put us out of our comfort zone like Cartagena, Columbia, Corinto, Nicaragua and took a tour to Leon, and St. Petersburg, Russia.

Utahtea
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.