No. of Recommendations: 0
#1. I did NOT ask for input. I was providing it, to anyone on the board who might possibly own the stock. I already have a great deal of money "where your mouth is" and possibly know as much about the company as anyone outside of management. I have been positive on it since it was $2-3 at the bottom of the bear market, while the analysts continuosly rated it a hold and raised their targets another couple of points each quarter.

#2. Since I was not particularly encouraging anyone to buy it at current prices (just not to sell it), anyone interested in learning more should read the recent report and hear the "must listen" conference call, as I have already noted. Also, the recent Needham presentation is excellent with a lot of good slides.

As a frame of reference, over the last several years the company has gone from a predominantly low-margin, commodity memory supplier using a company-owned, high cost fab with a proprietary, costly manufacturing process to a fabless company making proprietary, high margin analog mixed-signal products, using standard process technology with top Taiwanese fabs. Through new product development and 2 small acquisitions, they have increased their Served Available Market from about $300M to over $1B in the last couple of years, including such key products as chips for notebook battery pack control and Analog Front End chips for high end flat panel displays, digital TVs, etc, including relationships with leading manufacturers, especially Samsung. Because of the extended lead time in the semiconductor industry, from product development, through design wins, and then electronic product OEMs ordering for their needs, one can see a company's progress long before it shows up in major orders - which will probably commence in Q2 2004.

#3. The company has zero debt as I posted. Read company reports or SEC filings for info like that. They do have an insignificant amount of lease obligations.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.