No. of Recommendations: 0
1) Is is possible to place additional income in tax-deferred vehicles? Can I put money into an educational IRA, even though I have no children (I hope to have at least a dozen in the future ;-) )

EIRA is out. You could use a 529 plan, naming yourself as beneficiary. After you have children, youo can switch beneficiaries without penalty. The proceeds from 529 plans can be used tax-free for qualified educational expenses.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.