Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
1. Is this a rollover requiring issuance of a 1099R, or is it a trustee to trustee transfer for which NO reporting is required?

Anytime an employer plan is involved a 1099-R is required. The only time a transfer doesn't require a 1099-R is when you do a direct transfer from one IRA custodian to another.

Expanding on Peter's response, you need to make sure this was a tax-free rollover. If it was you simply report it as such on line 15 of your 1040.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.