Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
1) It certainly seems so. However, here's a story that may help cheer you up.

My brother's ex-wife (BEW) sued for more child support and full custody of my 2 nieces. Meanwhile the Evil Step-father (ESF) apparently abuses her, yells at the kids and, last year, hit them. Brother took them to the doctor immediately to document the bruises and he sued for full custody. Temporarily, he got full custody. BEW got short visits only if ESF was not in the house. It took a while but, after delays on her side, the judge finally said enough and they held the hearing. The girls are 11 and 9 but the judge called them into chambers and talked to them as well. Upshot is that my brother won, and got a judgment for his legal costs, too. BEW can see them for limited visits but ESF cannot be in the house. She also has to pay child support. CPS is keeping an eye on the new baby, too.

So, things may seem to be dragging, but you are also amassing evidence to bolster your case.

2) This is a good idea for the reasons you mention. It will also help with...

3) We were all young and naive. I think it's required to learn the hard lessons. You have obviously learned quickly as you now have a great, kind, helpful and supportive BF rather than going several rounds with a succession of DN's like too many young women seem to do. You're strong, you have your head screwed on right and you're fighting the good fight. Keep your chin up!

4) This is true but, again, you may end up with a judgment for your costs. It's up to your lawyer to collect that money. DN has a job and if he has a house, too, there's that.

5) Your friends will continue to support you even if you can't string a sentence together.

6) Geez...

7) How about porcelain parrots? I've got a lot of those!

8) ??? The end is always near - the older you are, the closer it seems.

((((((((((imp))))))))))

Judi
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.