Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 7
1. My question is do I report all $12.994.56 as income on sched 1040?
2. How do I report this?
3. Where do I report this?

== == ==
You must report it on Schedule D (Capital Gains and Losses). And you need to calculate what you paid for the shares to use as your cost basis. You will pay a capital gains tax on the difference between what you sold the shares for and what you paid for them.
So you'd best download Schedule D and the instructions from the IRS website ( and get started on your tax project!
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.