No. of Recommendations: 3
1) The professor was immediately placed on leave and an investigation has resulted in a recommendation she be fired for cause, saying she created "a hostile academic environment that violated college policy which governs workplace behavior."

Read more: http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2013/02/18/college-seeks-...
Inside Higher Ed

Don't know what more you want done....

2) As for the poll worker, I say she should be prosecuted with her own recorded words used against her. A good, healthy sentence is called for. My only beef is that we can't do the same for TX legislators who routinely vote multiple times by impersonating other legislators.

3) Maybe Salazar should have just qualified what he said in terms of a 'legitimate rape' and mentioned that 'the female body has a way of shutting that whole thing down.". I won't apologize for him unlike Republican'ts who apologize for Akin.

4) You correctly cite tip #9 ("Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm), but then - in a breathtaking wing nut interpretation - amazingly twist that into "the implication that a woman acting on her own behalf to protect herself could be better off simply submitting to rape." [Actually, I'd pull #9 just because things could get worse not only for actions but inaction.]

You seem to be having a rough day....
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.