Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
1. The vault is off some really wierd object these days in lieu of the "horse" it used be. Kind of detracts from tradition, doesn't it?

Seems really weird, although in looking at it, it does seem that the main area for the vault is unchanged, but there is a lip hanging down in front. Might be a safety thing, or might be styling. Not sure that it really bothers me, but it does look odd. Fits in with the overall look, though; even the Table Tennis tables have a similar look to them.

What does seem odd is that it appears that the men and the women use the same horse (perhaps at different height). The old style had the horse turned differently.

2. The uneven bars are so far apart now that there is no Nadia-like hip bump and/or spin-off at the waist dismounts anymore. In fact, the routines look a lot like the men's high bar routines with a high & low bar (only occasionally used). I don't like this change either, though I can see why they've done it (health of the hips?). Do y'all like this change?

This changed several years ago; it's been quite a while since there were the "hip-bumps". Since the change, this event has lost much of its appeal to me. It used to be my favorite to watch, now it's near the bottom. I'm not sure I had noticed why until seeing some old footage; I really prefer the old way.

David
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.