Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
In 2018, Hussman, is claiming that 10 stocks account for 122% of the gains in the SP500.

7 months is a short window and I'm not sure that really means anything at all but for 16% of the market cap to create 122% of the SP500 gains seems impressive at first blush.

Fab 5 plus V, MA, NFLX, ADBE and NVDA.

AMZN alone is 36% of SP500 gains.
MSFT(18%), AAPL(15%) and NFLX(15%) round out the top 4 with 84% of the SP500 weighted gains.

Of course the SP500 is only up 5% for the year at the time of the article and I'm holding 5 of the 10 and might try to add MSFT at some point. Naj must be having a nice year as he holds nearly all of them and in size. BRK and WFC are anchors for me -- pos VTraps.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-prophet-of-doom-predi...
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.