Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
.... In Fiction Since 1900 from Mar/Apr Book Magazine.

I don't recall seeing Book mentioned on this Board but it's an interesting publication. You can check it out at www.bookmagazine.com

This article listed what their expert panel considered to be the 100 best fictional characters since 1900. You could argue with the rankings, but after viewing the list of panelists, it's pretty tough to argue with their credentials.

In the web site archives you can see the names of the panelists, and what they considered to be the top 10 characters. To save you some time, I'll list them here, but I encourage you to either visit the web site or find a copy of the magazine.

1. Jay Gatsby
2. Holden Caulfield
3. Humbert Humbert
4. Leopold Bloom
5. Rabbit Angstrom
6. Sherlock Holmes
7. Atticus Finch
8. Molly Bloom
9. Stephen Dedalus
10. Lily Bart

Pretty heavy list you must admit. (on a lighter note, I was pleased to see Winnie-The-Pooh come at number 39)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.