Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My very young daughter and her equally young husband, had their 2011 taxes filed by H&R Block.

H&R Block filed for them, using form 1040A.

My daughter now realizes she likely could have deducted significant work-related expenses for 2011.

She worked for a caterer and delived food over long distances for much of 2011 and was not reimbursed by her employer for mileage expenses on her personal automobile.

It's been way too long since I have dealt with the 1040A form, but my guess is that if she were to amend her 2011 taxes, she would also have to switch to a 1040?....

Thank you, RS
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.