Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I rec'd Form 1099-B - proceeds from redemption and exchange transactions. The form shows a sale of a fund Delaware Voyageur Tax Free MN A which was exchanged for Delaware DevonA Fund. All interest in the Delaware Voyageur Tax Free A Fund was reinvested for a period of years. The Form 1099-B shows a share price but there is no way to calculate any tax liability. I think it should be a non reportable gain because all the reinvestment was Tax Free interest, therefore any gain in value of the fund is all tax free interest added to the total. In any event 1099-B is sent to the government and it is likely that something should be shown on my 1998 Schedule D.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.