Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
In January of 2006, I sold a Virginia Tax Fee mutual fund because I have moved to North Carolina. The 1099 they sent me was a 1099-B, but, when I look at this form (which I had to search for in TurboTax), it doesn't seem appropriate. It seems to me that this belongs in captial gains or losses (It is a small gain), and I have done so. Is the 1099-B in error? They also report a small tax-free dividend which goes on 1099-INT, but that is all right (Maybe not tax-free in NC however.).

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.