Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I received a 1099-DIV for my Coca-Cola DRIP. There is an amount listed for ordinary dividends in box 1 and an amount for broker' commission in box 11. In instructions it states that "The amount shown in box 11 is a portion of dividend income represented by brokerage commissions paid for by the Corporation".

When I report this information on Schedule B, do I offset the amount in box 11 against the amount in box 1?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.