Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
OK what do you do when an independent contractor will not give you her social security number? file a 1099 any way? especially seeing how the home owner wonts to keep going the way things are. (we know this is an American).

home owners tax situation is, that at the end of the year they are going to have to pay either income tax on the stock, that is sold to pay for this and or issue the 1099. is that legal? never run across this kind of situation before.

can not get him to change, so is this a kind of crash and burn situation and just wait for it to happen. I have the original letter stating she is an independent contractor.

I guess this is really bugging the hell out of me. But is also not my life I have to live. I just fill out the taxes and issue the checks. they sign the forms.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.