Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't have the info in front of me, but I'm pretty sure I need to file a 1099-R form -- I think that is the name.

However, best I can tell and to my knowledge, I did not receive one from my broker. Therefore, I went online and saw it on my account.

My question is, can I print this from there and give that to my accountant? Or, do I need to call the broker and tell it to mail me one? The reason I ask is because online it sort of looks like a W-2, with areas you can detach so you can send to federal and state. I just didn't know if it had to be on a certain type of paper for me to do this.

Thank you.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.