Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
What's the differenence between 1245, 1250, 1252, 1254, and 1255 property?

The particular property I'm thinking about is a rental property that we have properly depreciated over the years and filed an annual Schedule E on. But now we've sold it. What sort of property does this count as? Are there IRS instructions that would explain this? TIA

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.