Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
1/29 up 10% (including dividends)
2/26 up 24%
3/31 up 44%
4/30 up 48.5%
5/28 up 53%

ATH was something like 56-57% when SPG was over $135.

---

June in the books! SPG bummed me out by diving down in last hour. And SOFI and UPST came down off their intraday highs, too, so actually finished flat on the day instead of up fairly nicely...oh well.

1/29 up 10% (including dividends)
2/26 up 24%
3/31 up 44%
4/30 up 48.5%
5/28 up 53%
6/30 up 55%

for reference, SPG at $130.57, and if it hits $135 I will be a bit over 57%. This is despite selling some SPG, which basically just means my little trades the past couple of months have added a bit here and there to the port.

With half of 2021 completed, I am very happy with the performance, but basically have been happy ever since I hit over 40% in March and have just been trying not to give away those gains and biding my time to find something I like at a price I like, and except for brief drawdown dips in March and May, prices still seem too elevated for my risk/reward comfort level.

Currently I am about 58% cash (closer to 60% if you count the SPGS as pseudo cash), 32% SPG, and then little bits of SOFI, UPST, and SPGS. And a crappy mandatory mutual fund.

I can't remember ever being up 6 straight months, although you can argue I am flat since May. Compare that to 2018 and 2019 which had very visible pockets of gains, and peaks in either June or July, before collapsing down in Fall/Winter. 2020 is just an anomaly, so not super helpful for comparison, but many stocks also ripped in 2020 thru about August or so before going sideways.

I am trying to remember 2017, which was a combo of NVDA and TTD and various friends. TTD plunged in Nov ER and that pulled down my gains a bit from my high.

Point is, I don't normally seem to finish years at/near ATHs, nor do I ever go up every single month. Yet I finished 2020 on a high (albeit I missed out on growth gains earlier in the year) and have gone up every single month since Nov 2020, or 8 straight months.

Unrealistic to expect that to continue. Let's see what happens!

Doom
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.