Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
See for yourself what really happened by watching at least the first 6 minutes of this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfSXdhKnqWc

It shows some black people in a very bad light but I know for a fact that not all black people are anything like that.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
Once again the pattern continues that video is quickly released when it appears to exonorate the police, but not when they shoot an unarmed person.
No. of Recommendations: 0
That is an excellent report! Reminds us that there is another side. The comments are great.
a story tat should be heard and let's hope it is

Proves all police are not Chauvin

Officer was able to assess the situation in spite of the chaos and then save someone's life. It would not have been clear except for the slow mo and the careful explanation. Also have to marvel at his aim and not hurt bystanders. Training is evident
No. of Recommendations: 2
Officer was able to assess the situation in spite of the chaos and then save someone's life. It would not have been clear except for the slow mo and the careful explanation. Also have to marvel at his aim and not hurt bystanders. Training is evident

Agree. Yet the usual fire-starters jumped up to blame the cop for shooting the person a half-second from murdering another person. That part didn't matter, only the cop and who he shot. What would Valarie Jarrett have said if the cop just stood there and let a teen age girl be murdered? Is that the right answer?

They are tearing us apart.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Look at the video and make your own decision. Please feel free to tell us how you would have done it differently, and why you feel that would have worked out.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Question that was asked by numerous people on news last “why didn’t they use the taser 1st”...

No wonder a lot of people want these thugs de-funded!!!

There are slo-mo videos around. Please feel free to watch some, then come back and tell us all how you would have successfully stopped the "about to be" murder.

A larger question: How is it that the girl with the knife feels comfortable stabbing another girl right there in front of a police officer? Imagine yourself as her. What calculation goes through your head? "There is a cop there. But I will stab this girl right in front of him anyway". Why would you think that?
I watched the video and conclude that in that instant the cop was justified in his actions.
I say in "that instant" that because until we know the actions of all parties up till that instant, we do not know what could have been done differently.

This reminds me of an incident some years ago. A man stole a semi truck and proceeded to smash his way through traffic before getting onto the freeway. The freeway was cleared and the lone truck sped on. Down the road a patrol office readied to deploy a spike strip, but the truck swerved towards him preventing deployment. Still further down the road another patrol officer stood ready with spike strips with armed backup, guns drawn. This time on swerving they opened fire at the cab, bringing the truck to a stop, its driver critically injured. In the black and white world, the driver had threatened the cop with lethal force and thus the shooting was justified. In the common sense world, he was not an imminent threat and would have run out of gas soon.
he was not an imminent threat and would have run out of gas soon

Driving a semi-Truck out of control is a threat to innocent lives. According to your anecdote, the driver was swerving in a stolen truck at a high-speed. He was clearly an imminent threat.
He was clearly an imminent threat

I beg to differ, there were no people in the area except police.
I believe that the police suspected that if they provoked him that he would respond and that response would allow them to use lethal force. All perfectly legal, to the letter of the law. The question is, could they have used an alternate method, to apprehend him. Clear the road, let him run out of gas. Pre-install spike strips at the next choke point (bridge). Block off the road, with semis... Clearly there are other actions they could have taken rather than provoke the confrontation.

In the case with the girl with the knife. We know police were on scene and do not seem to be intervening in the ruckus. The two women and kicking guy totally ignore the police presence. Guy kicks the woman on the ground and there is no obvious police response. Woman pulls knife and is an imminent threat to other woman, police shoot her. Again all perfectly legal police action. This time you could argue that police inaction may have possibly contributed to the result. I won't go there as there are many reasons as to why they acted as they did. I will wait until circumstances are understood before casting any judgement on the situation.
so 4 shots instead of 1 and cops chanting “Blue Lives Matter” at a crime scene is alright with you???
"so 4 shots instead of 1 ...is alright with you"

In this case 4 shots as the person was preparing to lunge to stab another person is just fine with me if that prevents the possible death of the other person.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/im-gonna-stab-the-***-out-of-you...
the 3 letters starred out need to be inserted in order to get to the article and the video
Woman pulls knife and is an imminent threat to other woman, police shoot her. Again all perfectly legal police action.

And I stand by that, but can't help thinking that police could benefit from some de-escalation training.

But I am tired of the endless stream of talking heads and grieving family coming on TV to attest, how wonderful a person this young woman was, or that the uncaring mayor has not called to offer condolences . No doubt she had her good moments and is fondly remembered by her relatives. If the cop had let her be, she would be alive! Possibly looking at a life sentence, while yet another family grieves the injustice of it all.

I beg to differ, there were no people in the area except police.

What area was devoid of humans?
A semi-Truck can travel another 400 miles before refueling. Even if he only has enough gas for another 100 miles that would be a 31,000 square mile area.
You're convinced that police would be able to clear a 31,000 sq mile Evacuation area? Or police would be assured that allowing the truck free passage over an area of 31,000 Sq Miles offers no imminent threat to innocent victims?

I beg to differ
What area was devoid of humans?

Great mathematical skills. How about shooting a hole in the gas tank for a safe vantage point, how far would he get with a diesel leak of say a gallon per minute and how many people would be within two miles of the highway. For bonus points, what are their names.

There again, you could think of alternate solutions of how to solve the problem before dashing to a mathematical proof of the obvious. But if you think it is ok to unnecessarily risk a cops life so that he can act as a human decoy to a dubious scheme, consider what would happen if he hadn't taken the bait. Plan B... what Plan B

You could shoot out the tires from a similar safe spot. Maybe use a rolling blockade of 18 wheelers to slow him down to a stop. And as I said before, you could place truck spike strips under a bridge and standing back to watch. (Standard police issue that they were using don't work very well on truck tires and the police admitted as much) Do it in both directions just incase he decides to jump the margin. Drive in front of him and toss out tar and feathers to block his view... call him on the CB and tell him to come home for dinner..... the possibilities are endless
if 16 year old girl was WHITE, cops would have been able to de-escalate situation without killing anyone...

Case in point...Kyle Rittenhouse, not only they didn’t shoot him they gave him water...

imagine if a BLM member walked down the street in Kenosha Wisconsin with an AK-47 strapped across his shoulder and then shoots a few people and kills one...
You obviously have not looked at the video of the incident. The stabber was in mid stabbing lunge(knife in hand) when she was shot.

if 16 year old girl was WHITE, cops would have been able to de-escalate situation without killing anyone...

You realize that both of the 911 callers were black too?
The 911 caller said that there were people trying to stab her grandmother.
Also, the neighbor across the street whose security camera got a great recording of the entire incident said the policeman did what was necessary as he had only about 3 seconds to react to what he was witnessing.