Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
The number of Representatives who voted "nay"; got some 'spainin to do?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 11
Not to me, missash. The representatives who voted "Yea" however, have lots of 'splainin' to do.

This bill will become the 500-page How-To Manual for passing unfunded pork. (Except the wooden arrows of course--they're critical to all of us.)

And what will the CNBC talking heads have to say when they find out that in spite of the passage of the pork bill, the sky is still falling. They will have TONS of explaining to do.

Of course, that won't happen. They will all claim they were against the bill from the beginning, and with the exception of Rick Santelli, they will be lieing through their teeth. Nothing new about that.

< SIGH >

Dan
No. of Recommendations: 2
Not in my book - beyond my selfish motivation of some pork added to the bill, I was dead set against it. However I've been handed a Carolina pulled pork sandwich dripping in savory sauce on a fresh toasted onion roll with sliced onions and pickles with the passage of this bill, so I'll happily chow down on my $700 billion sandwiches.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Stop it, Milligram.

The mental health portion of the bill is the *ONLY* part that makes sense, and I'm talking earmarks and the bill itself. Please quit apologizing, and celebrate for your son.

I am,

Dan
They will all claim they were against the bill from the beginning, and with the exception of Rick Santelli, they will be lieing through their teeth.

And Ron Paul! Don't forget him.

~w, was against the bill before he was for it.. or something.
Not to me, missash. The representatives who voted "Yea" however, have lots of 'splainin' to do.

This bill will become the 500-page How-To Manual for passing unfunded pork. (Except the wooden arrows of course--they're critical to all of us.)

And what will the CNBC talking heads have to say when they find out that in spite of the passage of the pork bill, the sky is still falling. They will have TONS of explaining to do.

Of course, that won't happen. They will all claim they were against the bill from the beginning, and with the exception of Rick Santelli, they will be lieing through their teeth. Nothing new about that.

< SIGH >

Dan

Yes, big sigh. We had a chance to keep our republic and ditch the FIRE flotsam with a no vote. What our Congress has done today has sealed our political fate. I'm thinking that the next president will be the last, no matter who is elected. We're going to have to reboot the entire system in a new format with partitioned drives; secession and regionalism with regional/local money is my first guess.
No. of Recommendations: 4
raptordan:

The mental health portion of the bill is the *ONLY* part that makes sense, and I'm talking earmarks and the bill itself. Please quit apologizing, and celebrate for your son.

I am,

Me 'two', down to every word of RD's post.

Now, on the political side we wait for the inauguration, and we all take care.

Milligram -- I celebrate a just snippet injected into a horrific mess -- know that you are not alone, and as I celebrate for you (so many excellent and wise posts) and your son, I also pray for 7 others I can count immediately with deep mental illness who are dear to me and to people I love.

davud fb
It wasn't until I read your post explaining the mental health provision that I realized that my brother's family is now vastly better off. So I'll join you in celebrating, and breathe a little easier as I think about his future.

It's better that *some* good should come from this.
No. of Recommendations: 1

No they won't. It'll simply be proof that we need more government regulation and another bail-out.

ThIs just in, from a representative who voted "Yea:"

"When in a burning building, it's usually the best idea to try and put the fire out, rather than debating about who is responsible for the fire, or negotiating terms under which you will agree to help with the fire fighting."

ThIs just in, from a representative who voted "Yea:"

"When in a burning building, it's usually the best idea to try and put the fire out, rather than debating about who is responsible for the fire, or negotiating terms under which you will agree to help with the fire fighting."

"But, Mr. Representative, you should have checked the contents of your bucket... it's tough to put a fire out with gasoline, or quell a spendthrift by handing him money."
It saddens me to hear people talk of mental health as if it were an issue completely separate from any other form of health. How foolish can we get?

If one has otherwise perfect health, great riches but is unhappy or unaware due to poor mental health, is one "healthy?" And if a loved one (or us!) does have poor mental health, should we be financially bombed for this? I think not.

I haven't read the entire bill yet. I may never as the bailout makes me sick to my stomach. But on the surface, anything that starts to plug the leak in what we call our mental health "system", sounds damn good to me, and anyone who cares to argue against it has not experienced poor mental health up close and personal and IMO, is totally lacking in empathy and imagination.

JMO of course but that part of the bill sounds like very good news. We needed some! 'Nuff said.

Dan