Skip to main content
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon. | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

There are transaction types called "Add / Remove Shares" that you can use to adjust the share balance that will correspond with your brokerage records.

I've had to do this before with some of our Fidelity accounts over the years. By entering the "Remove Shares" or "Add Shares" transaction, you can make the adjusting entry in Quicken with a record of the entry and a reason for the entry which will fulfill any record keeping requirements I'd say. (I'm not a CPA but a long time Q user).

Go to your holdings view, see how many shares are different from your brokerage statement, and enter in an appropriate Add or Remove shares transaction.

Hope that helps!
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.