Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I had an insteresting discussion with Motley Fool tech analyst Eric Bleeker this morning. We were talking about Blue Coat Systems (Nasdaq: BCSI) and the company's competitive position in the WAN Optimization market.

Blue Coat is a clear #2 behind Riverbed (Nasdaq: RVBD) -- but the market is growing rapidly. Normally, this would be a pretty enviable position -- number two in a quickly growing market offers the chance to stake a serious claim as a long-term player. However, Blue Coat seems to be a distant #2, and the #3 player is Cisco Systems (Nasdaq: CSCO), a company that has oodles and oodles more resources than Blue Coat.

It just seems that if Cisco cared to (and it wasn't distracted by its other lagging businesses) it could leapfrog Blue Coat in an instant. I'm a little skeptical of this #2 position.

May lead to an article as I investigate further...

Bryan
TMF42
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.