Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Below are two links in the past two days describing two new apppointments to senior management positions. Is this a pattern?

http://quote.bloomberg.com/pgcgi.cgi?STORYNUM=AOp5ILBQwQ2Fycmll&T=portfolio/company_news_story.ht

posted today, announces the appointment of Mark Nixon as VP of Marketing. He came from Nextel and Jato Communications.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/pgcgi.cgi?STORYNUM=AOpz3GxJZQ2Fycmll&T=portfolio/company_news_story.ht

posted yesterday, announces the appointment of David Laube to the Board of Directors. He came from Mountain Bell and US West.

Can someone help me figure out what might be going on?

Regards,
Hutch

Print the post Back To Top
I wish I knew. This is a company I have held for some time. The stock price doesn't begin to reflect the financial position. Because of my LTBH philosophy I have held all the way down. I would certainly welcome any moves on the part of the company that might attract positive investor attention.
AKS
Sounds like some good news at last. New people should motivate not only the company but also the shareholders to hang in there... as I have done since August last year.... sigh...

But heads up: The internet populatin will grow 5 fold internationally in the next 5 years or so, dot com busts or not. And once all that scrap gear from the dot com failures is auctioned off, the demand for more will grow again. And then there is the ever growing demand for bandwidth. Somebody will figure out how to make money with internet content and that content will be richer and faster than today. So there will be a new wave of hardware installations and upgrades. I am still long on CACS unless they get swallowed at a ridiciolously low price by a competitor.
I believe this company is well-positioned for the future. My worry would be that some larger firm might acquire them at a lower price than my cost/share. They have no debt, excellent margins, a low PE, but, alas, a PEG of 6+. Earnings just aren't there, as we all know. With a Beta of 2.97, my guess would be that momentum would cause this company to recover quickly. But, until the telecommunications market heats up, I would not expect any recovery soon. As someone pointed out, the demand for broadband service will eventually return. I am taking a long-term view with this company.

Would like to hear other views...