Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I actually got my act together and completed my taxes early this year. However, we now have some extra money that I didn't plan to have this quarter. I would like to put this money in a 2001 IRA. I know that this IRA would not be deductible on my taxes. My question is, do I have to submit an amended return if I invested this money in a IRA marked as a 2001 contribution if it won't affect my taxes in anyway?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.