Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

My brother, sister and I own a small family corporation. My sister wants to buy the two brothers out. It is a Class C corp and the value of my shares is about $200K. I am 66 years old, and have been retired since I was 55. I have no debt, own our house, etc. I have a steady retirement income of about $62-68K a year, not including stock sales, etc.

I have not touched retirement accounts. I am holding on to the lowest tax bracket as long as I can. What do I do with this money? How should it be disbursed for me to remain in the lowest bracket ( if that is even possible.) I think the money could be spread out over a number of years. Thanks for any thoughts.

(This is also posted in Tax Strategies)
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.