No. of Recommendations: 5
Named after the Moscow bureau chief of the New York Times between 1922 and 1936 who whitewashed the horrible policies of the Soviets including the forced starvation of between 1.2 and 12 million ethnic Ukrainians. Then he won the Pulitzer Prize.

The 2012 Winners:

2nd runner-up - Andrew Sullivan:
his solitary fight on what he considers one of the most horrendous crimes committed against human beings — in this case, on male babies. I refer of course to what Sullivan calls “genital mutilation,” or as most of us refer to it, “circumcision.”
his neverending and relentless crusade to prove that Sarah Palin was not the mother of her Down Syndrome baby, Trig.
1st runner-up - Bob Simon:

For not only did Mr. Simon blithely deny the reality of Arab violence against Christians in the Holy Land, he also skillfully and brazenly laid the blame for Christians’ fleeing the area at the feet of the Israelis — as if Israel’s policy of self-defense precipitated the exodus of Christians from the Holy Land.

And the winner is ... <<
http://pjmedia.com/blog/walter-duranty-prize/?singlepage=tru...

arrete
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
you know, it really concerns me that a lot of people get their daily intake of news, not from bonafide journalists with years of experience in newspaper reporting, but any person who starts a blog and gives his opinions.

What is a journalist nowadays? Anybody who can type apparently.

LuckyDog
No. of Recommendations: 2
Reminds of the move Machine Gun Preacher staring Gerard Butler.

Machine Gun Preacher is an action biopic about Sam Childers, a former gang biker turned preacher and defender of African orphans. The movie, released in 2011 by Relativity Media, was based on Childers's book Another Man's War

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org/movie/

The movie will bring you to tears. It was particularly moving to me because I saw how hard it must have been for Sam to be an evangelical Christian, keeping his values intact but still having to kill Muslim barbarians that would cross the Sudan border to murder, rape and enslave children. Being an ex-con, he often would fail and go back to his old ways.

What's sad is the media ignores all the devistating murder, rape and enslaving that Muslims do to everyone else on the dark contenent. Instead, they just say it is religious fundamentals when in fact it is 100% Muslims murdering Christians. Christians have been murdered by the tens of millions in Africa in the past few decades. The European and American media just yawns.

Friggin Christians.

decath
Reminds of the move Machine Gun Preacher staring Gerard Butler.

Its been on my Netflix list for awhile. Need to bump it up.

JLC
"Reminds of the move Machine Gun Preacher staring Gerard Butler."
--------------------
"Its been on my Netflix list for awhile. Need to bump it up." - JLC

We watched it not too long ago. I think I gave it 3 stars. It was okay. I thought he was kind of mean and neglectful to his family. If he wanted to do what he did he should have remained single. His life was an instance where being unattached really would have been an asset.

There are very few movies that I give 5 stars. 4 stars yes, 5 stars are rare. I gave Breaking Bad 5 stars.

Art
No. of Recommendations: 1
We watched it not too long ago. I think I gave it 3 stars. It was okay. I thought he was kind of mean and neglectful to his family. If he wanted to do what he did he should have remained single. His life was an instance where being unattached really would have been an asset.

There are very few movies that I give 5 stars. 4 stars yes, 5 stars are rare. I gave Breaking Bad 5 stars.

Art

I agree he was very mean. But did you see how he was before he became a Christian. OMG.

I don't agree with everything he did. Obviously, he would stray from his core mission at times.

I think he made a mistake putting the orphanage in the middle of a war zone. Was he listening to God or his own arrogance. I dunno.

It's still a great story. I'm sure his real life is far more interesting than the movie itself.

decath
"I agree he was very mean. But did you see how he was before he became a Christian. OMG. I don't agree with everything he did. Obviously, he would stray from his core mission at times.I think he made a mistake putting the orphanage in the middle of a war zone. Was he listening to God or his own arrogance. I dunno.It's still a great story. I'm sure his real life is far more interesting than the movie itself." - decath

It was insane. What he did for those kids was amazing, but what he had to do to get there was insane. It also confirmed in my mind that all the adults over there are stark raving mad bat shit crazy.

Art