Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Fools, I need a favor. This morning, I am walking to cure type 1 diabetes with JDRF. I know with all the disasters and stuff going on, you've been it up with lots of charitable requests, which is why I hope mine will be a little different.

All I am asking for is tax-deductible donation of $5-10. Not even $25. I am hoping that if just 15 of you are willing to help out, I'll reach my goal of $250.

http://www2.jdrf.org/goto/Fuskie2017

Of course, if you want to donate more, I'll accept it. :-)

There are around 40,000 new type 1 diabetes diagnoses each year, affecting children, their families and their friends. JDRF is the premier funder of research to find a cure as well as improve the ability to manage the life-threatening disease.

One such breakthrough is the artificial pancreas technology—which was approved by the FDA in 2016—and will significantly improve glucose control for people with T1D.

JDRF is also supporting research for therapies like Beta Cell replacement, which could enable diabetics to go without insulin injections for months or years at a time, and Glucose -Responsive Insulin, which could eliminate the struggle by diabetics to stay within the ideal blood-glucose range.

Fuskie
Who appreciates your support...

-----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Orbital ATK (OA), Titan International (TWI), Intuit (INTU), Time Warner (TWX)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: http://tinyurl.com/FoolCode
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.