Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 15
https://tinyurl.com/y4u8jo6m

Mr. Barr’s hints that he intends to tip this dumpster of political subterfuge, to find out what was at the bottom of it, is being taken as a death threat to the Democratic Party, as well it should be. A lot of familiar names and faces will be rolling out of that dumpster into the grand juries and federal courtrooms just as the big pack of White House aspirants jets around the primary states as though 2020 might be anything like a normal election.

In short and in effect, the Democratic Party itself is headed to trial on a vector that takes it straight into November next year. How do you imagine it will look to voters when Mr. Obama’s CIA chief, John Brennan, his NSA Director James Clapper, a baker’s dozen of former Obama top FBI and DOJ officials, including former AG Loretta Lynch, and sundry additional players in the great game of RussiaGate Gotcha end up ‘splainin’ their guts out to a whole different cast of federal prosecutors? It’s hardly out of the question that Barack Obama himself and Mrs. Clinton may face charges in all this mischief and depravity.

The mills of justice grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

If this investigation occurs; Trump will be re-elected. Those with TDS will have their heads explode! LOL
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 11
https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/442278-james-comey-is-...

Barr has made plain that he intends to examine carefully how and why Comey, as FBI director, decided that the bureau should investigate two presidential campaigns and if, in so doing, any rules or laws were broken.

Ideally, Barr’s examination will aggregate information that addresses three primary streams.

The first will be whether the investigations into both presidential nominees and the Trump campaign were adequately, in Barr’s words, “predicated.” This means he will examine whether there was sufficient justification under existing guidelines for the FBI to have started an investigation in the first place.

The second will be whether Comey’s team obeyed long-established investigative guidelines while conducting the investigations and, specifically, if there was sufficient, truthful justification to lawfully conduct electronic surveillance of an American citizen.

The third will be an examination of whether Comey was unduly influenced by political agendas emanating from the previous White House and its director of national intelligence, CIA director and attorney general. This, above all, is what’s causing the 360-degree head spins.

There are early indicators that troubling behaviors may have occurred in all three scenarios.
No. of Recommendations: 9
As long as he's rounding them up he may as well grab some bonus points and nail Lois Lerner. I think he needs to move fast to get this going starting with the minor players to see which ones will start singing like canaries. I only hope he has grown eyes in the back of his head to avoid Arkancide.
No. of Recommendations: 2
<<In the op-ed, Comey trotted out his now-familiar St. James schtick, freely pronouncing on the morality of others. He sees himself as a kind of Pontiff-of-the-Potomac working his beads, but comes across more like an unraveling Captain Queeg working his ball bearings. >>

Heh, heh! I thought that was particularly amusing!

It looks like the Washington Post is doubling down on their obstruction meme, but the foundation under that seems to be in the process of being cut away as well.

The smart move would be to leave it alone. I wonder if the New York Times will choose to do that?

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 0
The FBI director just stated today there was no spying on the Trump campaign.

I'm glad that matter is behind us now so we can concentrate on Trump's obstruction of justice and collusion.
No. of Recommendations: 8
I keep wondering how the Dems can cheer for finding substance to the idea that Russia influenced the US elections in 2016 (hacks and schemes in the years leading up to it). If so, who was it that allowed it to happen--Obama, Biden, Clinton, Kerry...

Plus, it's a touchstone that our election process is so corruption-free, you don't even need to show any ID, like you do for practically every other transaction.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I keep wondering how the Dems can cheer for finding substance to the idea that Russia influenced the US elections in 2016 (hacks and schemes in the years leading up to it).

Obama imposed sanctions. Trump removed them and claimed Russia was innocent because "Putin said so." Obama asked the GOP to make a bipartisan statement condemning the sabotage. The GOP refused.
he said if the if there was a valid reason to investigate, then he would not use the word"spying", rather it was an investigation. Mincing of words. See what he says after it is proven there was no valid reason for "spying".
What sanctions? "Mr. Putin, please don't do it again"?
No. of Recommendations: 3
"What sanctions? "Mr. Putin, please don't do it again"?" - ra7958

So the United States doesn't interfere in the elections of other countries? Or are we the only country that is allowed to do that?

I don't know why anyone is surprised? I always thought interfering in the business and politics of other countries was standard operating procedure for any and all countries of any great size and wealth?

If they can do it they will. I imagine Russia isn't the only country in the "interfering in other countries politics" business?

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Art
No. of Recommendations: 8
The first will be whether the investigations into both presidential nominees and the Trump campaign were adequately, in Barr’s words, “predicated.” This means he will examine whether there was sufficient justification under existing guidelines for the FBI to have started an investigation in the first place.

The second will be whether Comey’s team obeyed long-established investigative guidelines while conducting the investigations and, specifically, if there was sufficient, truthful justification to lawfully conduct electronic surveillance of an American citizen.

The third will be an examination of whether Comey was unduly influenced by political agendas emanating from the previous White House and its director of national intelligence, CIA director and attorney general. This, above all, is what’s causing the 360-degree head spins.

Comey is toast if he is actually gets equal treatment under the law. He PUBLICLY admitted to leaking classified information to the press intentionally.

Kathleen
No. of Recommendations: 4
So the United States doesn't interfere in the elections of other countries? Or are we the only country that is allowed to do that?

I don't know why anyone is surprised? I always thought interfering in the business and politics of other countries was standard operating procedure for any and all countries of any great size and wealth?

If they can do it they will. I imagine Russia isn't the only country in the "interfering in other countries politics" business?

They should ask BB Netanyahu about interference in foreign national elections - Right, Mr. Obama?

Kathleen
Too bad J Edgar Hoover wasn't still around to protect the integrity of the FBI.

Seattle Pioneer
<<Mike Pence Promises First Woman on the Moon Will Be American
440>>

However, Hillary still says she wont go.

Seattle Pioneer
<<They should ask BB Netanyahu about interference in foreign national elections - Right, Mr. Obama?

Kathleen>>

To be fair, that's a two way street.
I keep wondering how the Dems can cheer for finding substance to the idea that Russia influenced the US elections in 2016 (hacks and schemes in the years leading up to it).

Obama imposed sanctions. Trump removed them...

Then how did Trump influence the election, if he could only remove sanctions once elected?