Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
We just are now sending off the package, well, in the morning, to 23 and me, while I have a good idea of what to expect in my history, 50% Danders, 25% Irish, 25% Polish, other parts of the family have some mysteries to uncover. Nieces, Nephews of my sister, as Sis had a different, earlier Dad, in a generation where it wasn't discussed, I never knew a thing about it until I was in my 20s, then busy with a new marriage, family, then blink a decade or so ahead, we lost my Mom & sis, different causes, and 'ol Dad, he wasn't talking'...

So, we'll see what it opens up.. More concerned with things like breast cancer, other health issues, so we opted for the full boat 23&Me pack, $179 per X2 +shipping..

I do see where Ancestry has their package on sale, maybe the next round...

DNA is so much in it, we'll see what they tell us...

weco
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks for checking in, weco. Please keep us advised.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Well, it's progressing nicely, they have received the sample, and after preparation, they into they genotyping stage... The on to analysis, and eventually the report...

All is well...
DW received a note that her sample failed and she needs to re-do her sampling...

That led us to this article..

https://www.wired.com/2009/03/23andme-sample-failures-can-th...

So far I'm OK... They are sending out another kit...
OK, my Report came out no surprises, really..

Northern European - 75.9%, Scandinavian/Denmark - 35.3%, Irish 25.4%, French/German/Netherlands - 4.2%, Broadly Northwestern European 11.0%, Poland - 20.4%, Greek/Balkan - 0.8%, Broadly Southern European - 0.4%, Broadly Euopean - 2.4%...

So the French/German fall in the 1700-1790 time frame, Greek a bit earlier, the rest were 1820 forward...

Health Report, nothing outstanding, pretty boringly normal!

So we are still awaiting my DW's Report, as she had to redo it, so far so good!

I have linked to my daughter so far, we'll link more family members as we go along and they test, maybe some have already, I know one niece has, so need to connect..

interesting...