Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
http://www.thestreet.com/s/kass-sell-bonds-short/newsanalysis/investing/10398942.html?puc=_tscana

Now this is the type of article/information that makes those of us new at bonds & fixed income investing shiver....

As one who only recently moved a large % of my port into a combination of Vanguards TBM and TIPS funds (VBMFX & VIPSX), I worry about extremely poor 'timing' (much like tech in 2000-2001)....

Ok, now that I've shown I know very little about Asset Allocation (despite reading 4 Pillars and various Vanguard opinions)....are the above two funds a bad place to put fixed income investments for the next 10-15 years? I realize that bond funds aren't as popular here as they are on the 'bogelheads' forums, but they seem/seemed easier to hold than finding other 'better' fixed investments (at least for me).....I just hate to fool myself into thinking I'm allocating my fixed funds into a known sinking/extremely risky ship.

Opinions appreciated......

Mick
(trying not to be the absolute worst investor in history...and willing to accept average or slightly below)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.