Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-131808823.html

Again, I get back to my original point -- If some want to bring up the subject of "Christian Zionists" (with the implication that this represents the religions right) as being bad for Israel, then maybe the same people should give attention to views expressed by prominent religious leftists.

Ron

how much influence does Wallis bring to bear on US policy, on Israeli policy?

how many thousands of Christian leftist pilgrims has Wallis or any other Christian 'leftist' brought to Israel?

big time right wing Christian Zionists have entire operations to bring pilgrim tourists, money and influence to Israel. finding an American liberal Christian who has been on a few talk shows is not the same thing. The Christian Zionist movement in the US is big, it has lots of funding, and it brings its considerable political influence to bear on American foreign policy, especially regarding Israel.

and the policies that most Christian Zionists support tend to align with the most extreme in Israel such as the Third Temple people and the most uncompromising among settlement movement. Does anyone remember how Pat Robertson went on TV and declared that Ariel Sharon was struck down with his stroke because of his Gaza withdrawel policy?

I've seen Benny Hinn crusades in Jerusalem, on American TV, where third temple Rabbi's are invited to speak to the Christian pilgrim tourists about how the Temple should be rebuilt and the Messiah will then come. When asked what will happen to the Golden Mosque, he shrugged and said God would take care of it.

That is just what we need, rich Americans bankrolling Israeli Rabbis who are willing to tear down the Mosque, with the insane global political firestorm that would unleash.

These Christian Zionists also fund some of the 'messianic Jews' organizations. They are busy saving us all from eternal damnation by bringing us to Jesus. Israel is a free country, and if the Jews for Jesus want to proselytize there, so be it. But I don't want to support that.

That is the kind of hubris and nonsense that Israel doesn't need.
The Christian leftists are not even remotely on the same scale ...

Dov
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.