Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Anyone remember a drinking game called "Hi, Bob?" My older brother and his friends used to play it while watching The Bob Newheart Show. The rules are pretty simple: Whenever anyone on the show says "Hi, Bob" to Bob Newheart, you had to take a drink. Whoever was sober at the end of the show won.

My partner told me that he and his friends used to play a similar game in the '80's called "B*tchslapped." Only they watched Dynasty and whenver anyone got slapped, you had to take a drink.

We want to make up a similar game for Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals. (Not because we plan to play it, but just because we think it's funny.)

Same premise as the above two games, but you have to take a drink (or more) depending on which phrase or story Rachel uses. For example, Rachel always says "Need it twice, chop it once." That should be good for a drink. But when she says how much oil (or other liquid) to use in a recipe, she always says, "once around the pan, or twice around the pan, and so on (instead of giving you tablespoon). I was thinking those should be worth extra drinks: once around the pan=1 drink, twice=2 shots, and so on.

What about other phrases and how much should they be worth?
Here are some of the ones that come to mind:

"Prewashed salad is a 30 minute meal girl's best friend."
"My mother would be so telling me to make two trips."
"I don't bake. I'm not the baker in the family."
"I was a fountain girl, so I can make mean...."
"Give it legs"
"Let that hang out."

My personal favorite is "Poultry Seasoning" as in, "I don't know about you, but I've always got poultry seasoning around the house. Every year at Thanksgiving, you go to the store and can't remember if you have poultry seasoning at home, so you buy a bottle, only to get it home and find out that you've got three or four already in the pantry."

Personally, I think that one should be worth about a half a bottle right there.

Brian

A big Rachel Ray, fan. Really. (Otherwise, how would I have noticed how many times she uses the same phrases. At least it isn't "Bam!"

B--
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Prewashed salad is a 30 minute meal girl's best friend."
"My mother would be so telling me to make two trips."
"I don't bake. I'm not the baker in the family."
"I was a fountain girl, so I can make mean...."
"Give it legs"
"Let that hang out."

How about:
"EVOO, that's Extra Virgin Olive Oil"

I think it's fine if she wants to abbreviate and then maybe explain it once per show, but I once heard her do that 11 times! Geesh, I think I understood by then.

Stacie
A talk show radio person suggested the same game a few weeks back when the President gave his "press conference."

The idea was to take a drink when the Pres. said anything referring to mistake or mistakes we've made or he made a mistake. Alas, no one had even a drop that night.

bigpix
RE: Brian: "A big Rachel Ray, fan"

I like Rachel Ray too. I couldn't play the game though because I usually watch with the sound off.

SB (go figure)
No. of Recommendations: 4
We could extend this to Alton Brown's Good Eats...I know i'll get tipsy just taking a drink everytime he say's the phrase "to the party". But I think the best way to end up passed out on the floor is to watch Emerril and take a drink everytime he say's BAMM or "I don't know where you come from, but where I come from it don't come seasoned."

Kathy

I think it's fine if she wants to abbreviate and then maybe explain it once per show, but I once heard her do that 11 times! Geesh, I think I understood by then.

Not only that, but "EVOO" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. IMO, just as easy to say "Extra Virgin Olive Oil", or just "Olive Oil" since she seems to use only the Extra Virgin, even in cases where regular would do just as well.

David
watch Emerril and take a drink everytime he say's BAMM

or, "oh, yeah, babe."
or, "oh, yeah, babe."

or, "use your knob" when referring to cooking over medium heat.

Yeah, everyone would be loaded by the time the show is over. They could rename it "Get smashed in a half-hour".

I was going to suggest that you drink when she laughs at one of her own jokes, but again the audience would pass out before she was done.
No. of Recommendations: 1
or, "use your knob" when referring to cooking over medium heat.

Is that what he meant? No wonder my food always ended up tasting terrible.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Have you ever played the Iron Chef Drinking game?

http://www.lemurlove.com/ironchef/

Azreela
No. of Recommendations: 3
But I think the best way to end up passed out on the floor is to watch Emerril and take a drink everytime he say's BAMM or "I don't know where you come from, but where I come from it don't come seasoned."

Also...

"we're gonna stick (some multiple of a thousand) cloves of gahlic in here"

"look how happy that is"

"kick it up a notch"

"call your cable company and demand smell-o-vision"

RJ
Have you ever played the Iron Chef Drinking game?

http://www.lemurlove.com/ironchef/

I think you would be passed out before the "Fifteen minutes have elapsed" message.

David
Let's not forget the word that, for some inexplicable reason, gives my DW the willies: "yummo."
Also...

You forgot one:

"Yeah, baby".

Christina