No. of Recommendations: 0
I know asking the question, "which of these 401K funds should I pick" is not very "foolish" so let me phrase it another way.
My company recently changed 401K plans and administrators so I now have 31 new funds to choose from.

I am 30/yo and my current portfolio (non-401K investments) consists primarily of index funds and some large cap blend funds so overall, about 80% in domestic stocks and the other 20% spread around in other classes and has done very well.

On the whole, I like index funds for obvious reasons and my new plan contains 3 of them, (Calvert Social Index, Armada S&P 500 Index, & Gartmore Mid Market Index) in addition has various bond funds to aggresive foreign funds.

The plan admins tells me they monitor periodially and change out poor performing funds, etc.. but some these other funds have expense rations in execess of 1% and the index funds are ~<.30%.

As a 30yr and my current non-401K asset allocation, do you think picking one of the index funds would be wise? Thoughts?

As always, thanks for your time!
-Chris

Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.