Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
"Unincorporated associations typically insured under this category include churches and other religious organizations, community and civic organizations and social clubs."

If your church has >$250K at one bank (even in separate accounts, including CDs, etc) then you could exceed the FDIC insurance limits.

Otherwise, I believe the church's accounts would be covered while they are in FDIC insured accounts (which don't include some money-market accounts, especially at a brokerage)

Another option is a credit union like
Then it would be NCUA insurance (which is very similar in coverage to FDIC, and they even have an example of a church account in their brochure:)
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.