No. of Recommendations: 1
http://seekingalpha.com/article/2258763-ford-breaks-out?upro...

I have a free subscription with these folks. I list the companies that I have an interest in, and each day I get a large number of emails about these companies. Most of them I just delete. But if one catches my eye...like quarterly earnings report...I take a look at it.

As far as finding option premiums, that is strictly hunt and peck. I use etrade, bring up a company under the research tab, then hit the options tab, and see what the premiums are for various strike prices...and do a quick and dirty calculation to figure out annualized yield. Lots of times, I come up empty. But I don't have any spread sheet or subscription service that finds these yields for me.

About a month or two before the option expiration date, I take a look at it. Once in a while, I buy that option back, and sell another that is around 6 months out on the timeline. Sometimes its at the same strike price, sometimes its not.

I keep a paper planner, and write down dates that companies are due to report quarterly earnings.

Finding bonds...if I read some positive news about a company that's been hurting, I'll use Morningstar to see if there are corporate bonds for that company...just google company name or symbol with Morningstar and corporate bond. Then if there are some, I use etrade to see if there are some available to buy.

I'm retired, so finish later, we got fire call.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.