No. of Recommendations: 1
32 years doing what is unnatural for me.....not consuming an alcoholic beverage one day at a time; and through the Program of recovery, witnessing the Promises unfold in proportion to my commitment to the Principles.

Had a past client of mine call me last week. He was about to lose his house, had already lost his wife and family, his job....and when I tried to call him yesterday, an answering machine and no call-back. Nasty, nasty disease that somehow I was fortunate to eventually get the "gift of desperation" and through following the Steps (in order) and clinging like a drowning man to a life-preserver, was able to become the person who had always eluded me before surrender.

Friday I retired from the Investment Advisory business.....such a different feeling than all those accumulated times when I was fired.

I am grateful that there was a Program created by the only people (IMO) who can help drunks to recover from their disease....other drunks who also are engaging in the unnatural act of keeping the plug in the jug.

Poz
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.