Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4164628-pivotal-software-sk...

In the article, the author suggests it seems that investors are skittish regarding the company's relationship with Dell

For valuation: Assuming 15% revenue growth for the coming year, Pivotal currently trades at 5.84x EV/FY18 revenues... At first glance, Pivotal's valuation looks rather cheap, especially when considering that fellow PaaS company MuleSoft just got bought out at ~16x forward revenues.

For what its worth, I think 15% growth is very conservative as it has been growing over 20% - and out in the industry Pivotal adoption is accelerating and PCF has become a must have cloud tool set for many enterprise areas including the financial industry.

My main reason for investing is that I'm a client and user, and I can see real acceleration in the take up of this software through the financial industry and other enterprise IT shops. I've just dipped my toes, and will watch to see if I should get in more deeply.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.