Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Are you familiar with the famous rabbit hutch hotels in Japan. Your "room" is essentially a bunk with a door in a multi-tiered bunk bed. The john is down the hall.

Where real estate is costly and short (two hour) commutes are desirable, such solutions are acceptable to many. But they are not so attractive to Americans who like the wide open spaces.

On the other hand, efficiency apartments in NYC are often shared and must be quite cozy--with every available space used for storage. We have them too where costs are high and resources are limited.
No. of Recommendations: 2
"a steal at only HK$1,400/month.

http://96rockon.com/news/articles/2012/nov/06/from-bankers-t......

intercst

--------------------

Read the whole article. Man, it just goes to show how resilient people are. Also makes me feel guilty when we are sitting here on two acres of land in a 1700 square foot home surrounded by hardwood trees. We have two refrigerators and a 15 cubic foot chest freezer full of food too. I had fried oysters for lunch. They were marked down at Kroger's because people use them for their dressing at Thanksgiving and then after the holidays I guess they are difficult to move.

Life is unfair. No two ways about it.

Art
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Are you familiar with the famous rabbit hutch hotels in Japan. Your "room" is essentially a bunk with a door in a multi-tiered bunk bed. The john is down the hall. Where real estate is costly and short (two hour) commutes are desirable, such solutions are acceptable to many. But they are not so attractive to Americans who like the wide open spaces. On the other hand, efficiency apartments in NYC are often shared and must be quite cozy--with every available space used for storage. We have them too where costs are high and resources are limited." - Paul
-------------

If it were up to me we'd live in an even smaller more rural town.

Art