Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 6
'Just got back yesterday from visiting family in Bend, OR (central Oregon) to home in Vancouver WA. I think they should rename the stretch of I84 between Madras and Bend as 'MAGA Country'....and I'm not taking about the Jussi Smolette version. Never seen such big Trump signs those ranchers put up"

Lots of Trump signs around here.

well, I didn't vote for

the guy who promises to change tax rules so that cap gains and dividends are taxed at 'regular rates' like 30-40 years ago. That's not a 'tax increase' in his book, it is merely going back to when 'taxes were fairer'. After all, it is mainly 'high income folks' that have cap gains, dividends.......

the guy who promised to eliminate deductions conventional IRAs and 401Ks since they cost the government hundreds of billions as people deduct for contributions now and it will be 30-40-50 years before the government gets to tax those accounts as money is withdrawn. Instead, he'll back the plan where you participate in the 'government savings plan' where your money is put in 'safe US treasuries'. Pay taxes now....and if you can afford it, put money in ROTH IRAs/401Ks. (If you are lucky, he won't force you to liquidate your current 401/IRA over 10 years to the ROTH, paying huge taxes along the way).

the guy who will roll back the Trump tax cuts for middle income folks. (along with those for the 'rich'). He won't be 'increasing taxes' , just merely letting them go back to former levels.

Yeah, Biden won't 'raise' taxes but he'll gut middle income salaries and upper middle income folks with 15 or 20% higher tax rates and contributions.

Needless to say, I didn't vote for him. He plans to raise at least a trillion in new taxes...err.....a 'reformed tax system fairer for all'......duh!

and No, you're not allowed to wear political statement clothing within 100 feet of the polling place.

t.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.