Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
3"x5" index cards.
Port or Eng in the right upper hand corner.

Great for people with ADHD like me.

You can carry them around in your pocket. Put the ones you answer in a different pile so they don't get in the way of the ones you don't know.

My father was American Consul General for 5 years in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. All my friends were Brazilians, I was in a Brazilian Boy scouts, I had one hour of Portuguese every day at school. I was born in Buenos Aires Argentina and then we moved to Panama and then to Naples, Italy.

I must say the Portuguese is really messing with my Spanish. I am more interested in the Spanish since I am spending a lot of time in Costa Rica and plan to spend a lot more since I just retired.
For two years now I have popped down to Brazil to visit childhood friends and when coming back to Costa Rica I had a difficult time remembering which language to use. Many words are so close. "Muito" or "Mucho"? "Tudo bem" or "Todo bien"? Oi vay!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.