Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Reviewing my photos recently, I saw that the First Great FiCO (to meet MacMurph) was in Sept-Oct of 2001. We had another late fall FiCO in Oct 2002. I hearby declare those to be the 1st & 2nd Great FiCO Annual Gatherings!!!

It being late Oct, it's time to schedule the <drumroll, maestro!> the 3rd Great FiCO Annual Gathering!!.

I hereby petition the King & Queen of FiCo Fooldom (HockeyPhool & Cavegirl, rrespectively) to schedule, arrange, announce, promulgate, sponsor, host, support, attend, and otherwise participate in a pre-holiday FiCo Gathering.

Come one, come all!! It's time to re-establish FiCo Friendships & make new acquaintances from all corners of the Kingdom! From near & far, we should gather together in the spirit of the season!! (Before the season overwhelms us!).

Denver would seem most appropriate, and perhaps the weekend of 21-22 Novemeber would be well-timed?? Or, perhaps another location (Boulder?) or another date (???)

Master Yoda
Knight of The Realm, Crowner of the Queen, Namer of the Wizard, Questor Extraordinaire for the King (and All That Jazz!)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Knight of The Realm, Crowner of the Queen, Namer of the Wizard, Questor Extraordinaire for the King (and All That Jazz!)

-----------------------------------

All That Jazz... I didn't realize that there was a secret sect of FiCO in Chicago... hmmmmmmmm...

Methinks that I will have to consult the rest of My Kingdom and come up with a suitable date of celebration. South Denver sounds good and actually the weekend suggested also sounds good.

I will ask anyone in advance now... how do these dates sound to the rest of you? Location is almost irrelevant if we don't have participants.

And if The Wizard fails to show, I think I shall have his head upon the mighty chopping block.

I was looking for a new wall decoration anyway.

Queen CaveGirl
No. of Recommendations: 0
Denver would seem most appropriate, and perhaps the weekend of 21-22 Novemeber would be well-timed?? Or, perhaps another location (Boulder?) or another date (???)
~~~
Denver again? Geeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! Ok, I'll drive to Denver... AGAIN! \o:

That late in Nov is to far off for me to be able to see any conflicts with the date yet. I'll be able to see better after the first week of Nov. But, it penciled into my calender for now...

Seymore...
<<www.stillthinksthatTLGMneedsaspellcheckforthemonthofNovember.pl>>

No. of Recommendations: 1
Denver again? Geeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! Ok, I'll drive to Denver... AGAIN! \o:
-------------------------------

The issue is this:

CO Springs + Known S. Colorado Fools: 2-3

Denver + Known N. Colorado Fools: >3 (probably 7-9?)

We be outnumbered, PL! Now, if Cavey would get around to brewing beer, AND bring the beer HERE, then Denver Fools would have to drive here. Otherwise, a Mass Gathering will always be in Denver.

Sucks.

But "such is life."

Yoda
Now, if Cavey would get around to brewing beer, AND bring the beer HERE

------------------------------

Dammitall but my loyal subjects are demanding!

Whatever happened to Service to the Queen? Must I once again bring out the whips and chains <and newspapers> to once again lay my rightful claim to your undying devotion and terminal silence?

Remember that a good minion speaks not so harshly to The Queen or off to the chopping block you shall go!

Good help is sooooooo hard to find these days.

Queen CaveGirl
Oh, eff off Yoda! You're always saying Denver this... and Denver that! Well, let's include Pueblo sometime. (o:

Seymore...
<<www.notreallyknowingPuebloallthatwell.pl/andnotwantingtoholdanythingthere/justsaying/>>

Dammitall but my loyal subjects are demanding!

Whatever happened to Service to the Queen? Must I once again bring out the whips and chains <and newspapers> to once again lay my rightful claim to your undying devotion and terminal silence?

Remember that a good minion speaks not so harshly to The Queen or off to the chopping block you shall go!

Good help is sooooooo hard to find these days.

~~~
You can eff off too Queenie be-atch! (o:

Seymore...
<<www.callingitasIseeit.pl>>

You can eff off too Queenie be-atch! (o:

-----------------------

DOWN Poodle.

<smacking Poodle with a newspaper>

Bad dog! Sit. Stay.

I am free that weekend and will mark my calendar. As the Queens Lady-in-Waiting and having been duly chastised for not making previous gatherings, (methinks to fetch her drinks and handsome knaves) I will make it a point to make this one. The south Denver area works for me, if it pleases the Queen.

Kath
the 3rd Great FiCO Annual Gathering!!.

Sigh. Not a good weekend, not a good location (well, not for me, anyway). Not this time. Sigh.

But if not the 3rd, maybe another -- stranger things have happened.

~~ Alison
Can I request that we do it on a Sunday?
I would love to meet all of the FICO's, but I work the weekends.

Lula

~~~
I don't see why this wouldn't/couldn't happen. I'm up for a Sunday FiCO.

Seymore...
<<www.ready4anotherFiCO.pl>

I don't see why this wouldn't/couldn't happen. I'm up for a Sunday FiCO.

Are there ever days or times when you're not up for a FiCO? I mean, if there aren't particular circumstances preventing a particular date?

~~ Alison
Are there ever days or times when you're not up for a FiCO?
~~~
Ummmmmmmmm... Let me think... YEA! Christmas & Thanksgiving days! All day on those two days!

Seymore...
<<www.I'mready.pl>>

YEA! Christmas & Thanksgiving days! All day on those two days!

That's reasonable. Yeah, it'd be kinda hard to gather Fools on those two days. I think we can spare 2 days out of 365 (or 356).

We had about 10 Fools gathering last Thursday here in VA, although the non-Virginian participants included a Texan, two New Yorkers, one each from CT and Chicago and NJ. I'm almost always ready for those kind of gatherings.

~~ Alison
We had about 10 Fools gathering last Thursday here in VA, although the non-Virginian participants included a Texan, two New Yorkers, one each from CT and Chicago and NJ. I'm almost always ready for those kind of gatherings.
~~~
Those, and meeting new/other fools, are my primary FiCO reasons. Just to also clarify... I'll make a FiCO just for the hell of it to!

Seymore...
<<www.beenthere.donethat.pl>>

Just to also clarify... I'll make a FiCO just for the hell of it to!

I knew it! From personal experience, even <g>.

~~ Alison
-------------------

Don't see why not!

Yoda
Oh, eff off Yoda! You're always saying Denver this... and Denver that! Well, let's include Pueblo sometime. (o:
-------------------

Look @ it this way: We meet in Denver (thus driving 75-85, even 90 miles north.......no Denver or Boulder (or even Ft Collins!) FiCO can complain that we C. Springs FiCos diodn't "do our part" to make a successful event!

Besides, PL, don't we know Denverites are all slackers?

Yoda

Yoda

--------------------------

Speak for the rest of them... I've shown up to every single FiCO.

CaveGirl
p.s. Damn you Springers sure know how to bitch and complain.
~~~
Well, since you put it this way LGM... But, I do see one minor exception to this "slacker" rule is when Cavey gets off her ass and makes a home brew. Not only does this make the trip to Denver viable, but proves that Cavey can be de-classified from the "slacker" rule, but only when being a brew-mistress.

HockeyPhool on the other hand... the epitome of "slacker"!

Seymore...
<<www.hasmettheSLACKERS.pl/pointingouttheObvious/>>

HockeyPhool on the other hand... the epitome of "slacker"!

Dude...

You are *so* on the chopping block, once I get around to hiring an executioner. Maybe after I finish my brewski.

King HockeyPhool
Ummmmmmmmmm... So? It only took you 2 weeks to find this post? Sorry, it's already been taken as "a truth". So, it now a known FACT that you are a "SLACKER"! Your delay just proves this!

Seymore...
<<www.theKINGisaSLACKER.theKINGisaSLACKER.theKINGisaSLACKER.pl>>