Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
40 seconds into the first game of the season and Braden Schenn gets if 5 minute major for fighting.

More importantly, he squared off with Kadri. Everyone knew it was coming: biggest Blues player to share the ice on Kadri's first shift of their first game following Kadri's head-shot on Justin Faulk from the opening round of the playoffs. Both landed a couple of solid helmet punches and Kadri ended up on the bottom like he usually does because he's not experienced in the "balance" aspect of fighting (more of a wild swinger) and he basically pulled Schenn down.

If that's Blues hockey, that's NHL hockey.

What concerned me more is that Kadri was wearing an A on his jersey. I was disgusted to be an Avalanche fan when he went high on Faulk and felt 8 games was about right. Nothing about that hit was clean or praiseworthy. I'd be slightly more disgusted if the Kraken didn't just enter the league, because I grew up in the Seattle area and Colorado's now only my second favorite team. But seriously are there not more deserving leaders on that team right now? If Mikko Rantaanen wore Erik Johnson's A last year after went down for the season early, and now MacKinnon's on the Covid list, why aren't the two of them the obvious choices? And if not one of them, Makar dang sure earns enough to wear one. Hell, even J.T. Compher would be a better choice.

If someone here can defend (or even explain) that coaching move, I'm all eyes.

-n8 (new Krakhead)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.