No. of Recommendations: 0
I am here in the US on a H1B Visa ( Temporary work permit), according to the
current US laws a person can work in the US for 6 years from the 1st day of
arrival. If he applies for a green card and if the processing takes time, he
can increment his visa in 1 year increments. I have plans to complete my 6
years and the relocate back to my home country.
Coming to my question, does 401k and Roth IRA do any good to me. Myself and
my wife have just started contributing, as we just realized the tax
advantages. I have about $4000 in my 401k and my wife has $4000 in her 401k.
We have about 3 years left on our work permits. We do not have a matching
contribution from our employer. Our tax bracket is around the 38% range.
From what I have read , you could start taking money from 401k after you
have become 59 years old. Can I withdraw funds form my home country. What
happens in the event I die?.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.