No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm working in the US under an H1B visa. I have some money saved to a 401k plan. I am 43 years old. Eventually, I will return to my country of origin and live there. At that point, can I leave my 401k account open until I reach the legal age for retirement (is it 55?), and come back to get the money? Or would it be safer to just withdraw any funds in spite of the taxes?
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.