Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello Y'all,

I funded my tax year 2000 401k 8600$ (max allowed by my employer according to 401k discrimination rules or something like that)I overfunded and am getting a $1400 check back. I already have contributed $2000 to a roth IRA for the 2000 tax year as well. Now the question: I have self employment income. I have a simple IRA for that self employment business but I did not fund it in 2000. Can I set up an SEP-IRA for the year 2000 for my self employment business?

Question 2: More generally with regards to my wife's income. Can she have a roth and an SEP? She is self employed and made $3990 last year?

Thanks for the answers. Much appreciated. You guys are great!
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.