No. of Recommendations: 0
I am participating in company sponsored 401k plan and this year it so far down by more than 30%. The reason for my posting is i am not sure how to allocate my contributions and based on the history of the investment choices and options i had in Fidelity Investments(company sponsered). I checked the investments cumulative returns over the years and based on the returns i invested on the following. I would really appreciate if someone can share their views/thoughts. Also would like to know if there is a service in Motley fool that can guide me to which of these should i invest in..

I am 38 years and have atleast 20 - 25 years for retirement....

Here is the list of investments i am contributing to..

49.11% company stock
20.48% VANG LG CAP EQ INDEX
13.13% FID FREEDOM 2020
5.00% FID FREEDOM 2010
4.44% VANG INST TOT STK MK
3.97% VANG MIDCAP IDX INST
3.87% FID DIVERSIFIED INTL

Basically i am invested 93.30% Stock Investments and 6.20% Bond/Managed Income and 0.50% Short-Term Investments

The sub asset class looks like this..
49.11% Stock Investments: Company Stock
24.91% Stock Investments: Large Blend
18.13% Blended Fund Investments*: Large Blend
3.97% Stock Investments: Mid-Cap Blend
3.87% Stock Investments: Foreign

I would really appreciate if you guys can suggest which service in Motley fool do i need to subscribe to get more in depth analysis or do i need to contact any financial advisor. I am not sure...

I invested in stocks using MDP (which is down as the market is in bad shape) in addition to this 401K. I will hold on the stocks for long time.

Thanks in advance
MyStocks456
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.