Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I had a 401K that I rolled over into an IRA through my financial planner. The mutual funds in the IRA are underperforming (I think) and I'm trying to figure out what if anything I should do about it. Can I move the money from this IRA into another one (and drop my financial planner along the way)? If so I should be able to get the money into an index fund, but could I also use it to invest in individual sticks within the IRA?


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.