Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I posted this on Ask a Foolish Question board and was refereed to you fine Fools:

My employer offers only mutual funds or cash for our 401(k) investments. I have all of my money in one mutual fund. From that mutual fund I have received dividends, short-term capital gains, and long-term capital gains form that mutual fund.

When I rollover my 401(k) into an IRA, will all the money from my mutual fund be treated the same? That is, once I start to draw the money out during retirement will my money be taxed at one rate or will I have to account for the capital gains and such?

Thanks for all your help,

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.