Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey, Fools!

As promised, here is email #2. Background recap: I have recently switched jobs and am working for a compnay that uses Fidelity to manage its 401k plans. So, most of my fund options are from Fidelity. I am 32 (as of Monday), have about $30k sitting in an old 401k that I am trying to decide on rolling over in to the new one, and am planning on investing 10% of my income (roughly 11k each year) into this new plan.

I am looking for a really aggressive portfolio and am not interested in index funds or bonds at this time. Taking those options out, here are the fund options that I have to choose from:

FCNTX -- Fidelity Contrafund
FDIVX -- Fidelity Diversified International Fund
FEQIX -- Fidelity Equity Income Fund
FDGRX -- Fidelity Growth Company Fun
FMCSX -- Fidelity Mid-Cap Stock Fund
RGAEX -- American Funds Groth Fund of America Fund
NAMAX -- Columbia Mid Cap Value Z Fund
RSPFX -- RS Partners Fund

FFFEX (Freedom Fund?)

To me, it looks like these skew toward large cap growth funds, and the other options don't seem that appealing. (That said, I work in communications, and numbers were never my strong suit.)

So...I'm really hoping that someone on the board has some thoughts about where I might allocate my investments. Again, goal is to be really aggressive and pay the least amount of fees.

Thanks, Fools!
Gina
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.